The Pelorus Boating Club

Is located in Havelock, half way between Picton and Nelson, on SH6, at the headwaters of The Pelorus Sounds, The Pelorus Boating Club was first established in the 1969 by a group of keen local boat owners.  2019 marked the 50th Anniversary of the boating club.
 
Today the club is one of New Zealand's largest boating clubs with over 500 members and co owns over 80 moorings throughout the Marlborough Sounds for use by the clubs' members. Click here for mooring information.
 
The club has modern club rooms, kitchen and lounge area including complimentary Wi-Fi within the club rooms. Along with this the club rooms has two showers and a well equipped laundry for use by members at a small charge. The cost of using these facilities is by way of contribution as advertised in the club rooms.
 
The club has a number of Honorary Life Members.

Monthly committee meetings are held each month - generally on the second Friday of the month. For details of the current committee - click here.

The past is always present in the mascot of the Pelorus Boating Club, as it depicts the areas famous dolphin, Pelorus Jack, a Risso’s dolphin that would join boats travelling between Pelorus Sound and French Pass or on the reverse journey. Pelorus Jack was first noticed in 1888 and spent 24 years escorting boats from Pelorus Sound to French Pass. To read more about Pelorus Jack - click here.

PBC Dolphin_edited.png
 

Our Honorary Life Members

William A Brownlee

Havelock


Des Boyce

Blenheim 

Mike Harris

Havelock

Micheal Connolly

Nelson

Mark Christensen

Nelson